Sunday, October 12, 2008

first snow



I didn't crash. I have been stressing out about the first snow storm of the year because I drive for UPS and I have heard so many horror stories. Well today was the first Saturday that I have driven in bad weather and it wasn't so bad. Isn't it always like that, you feel differently about things until you jump in and do them. Personal experience is an interesting thing. Tonight for example I found a friends blog and his wife maintains it mostly, anyway I know she is a huge Twilight fan. I am a man and when my wife started reading those "stinkin vampire books" I was really against it. Mainstream vampire culture really sucks in my opinion the people who are into that are freaks, it is simply evil to drink blood and it is glorified, those are and were some of my thoughts before reading these books. I don't want to go into detail on the why's and the how come's because it would take forever but after I read them I realized nothing is ever as it seems until you try it. Take the Underworld movies, the biggest fans of that movie are men at least in my experience because of Kate Beckingsdale. Interview with a vampire with Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt evil and dark bad intent all the way through. I really hope Stephanie Meyer does not let Hollywood corrupt her books and make a trendy vampire movie that doesn't focus on some of the uncommon themes of her books.
I am Bella by the way according to my twilight personality test. Go to Twilighters anonymous I think it is called. Sorry about that tangent. I drive for UPS out in Tooele, Grantsville, Stansbury, Erda, Lakeview, Dugway, Vernon, Delle, and Magna. On Saturdays most of those lesser known towns don't get deliveries but it is fun to go on a weekly road trip even if it is in an ugly brown vehicle. So it was snowing hard there today and I didn't get wrapped around a telephone pole or slide completely off the road like I was imagining I might. I met two MIB dogs super friendly. I met a family that I can only assume adopted twenty physically or mentally disabled black children awesome people props to them. They have got to be loaded and good hearted. I was given help finding an address today by UHP strange that I was served and not given a ticket which has been the case with me historically. Served might be the wrong word because I have gotten served before when given a ticket in a sense. So props to the UHP everyone they aren't all bad.
I am lame, I missed my sons first goal in soccer because I was donating plasma and thought their games would be cancelled due to the weather. So I got thirty bucks for donating plasma and then had to give twenty of it to Isaiah as promised for the goal. He went out right away and bought two transformers and gave two to tithing. I am a proud father today. Man alot happens in a day so much to tell. The coolest things about Isaiahs goal are that three weeks ago he was looking up at clouds and picking grass during games. When I said twenty dollars a goal he changed completely. His first game he tried really hard and came close but no goal. So I told him "I can't do consolation prizes but I can work with you to improve your game if you want." So he got fired up and practiced hard then he had a second game still no goal. Then he practiced more and finally after working for a desired result he made a goal and got really close two other times. So basically he learned in a small way what work and practice can do. So I am hoping that is like adding fuel to the fire. Second thing that was the most cool was that he remembered tithing. I am thinking his Mom reminded him but he came downstairs to tell me he paid it and I think he felt good about doing it. I am really happy that I am not a complete failure as a father today and hopefully with the help of the Lord things can go like this on a regular basis. I know the quality is bad but that is a little clip of the game. In the future we will use our camera that is better.

1 comment:

Bean said...

Yuck! I don't like snow!! I'm so glad when it snows here, it doesn't stay for more than a few days.