Monday, October 13, 2008

cori's only swimming pool



I have taken my kids swimming quite a bit throughout the years. Our third child Cori always is a party killer when it comes to swimming though. "I'm cold daddy I want to go hooome." So this weekend I thought I would try out Crystal hot Springs in Honeyville Utah. I took her there once before but she was still scared of the water. I guess you could say it didn't go over too well. But we have been to other pools since and she has gotten in and played for a little and then gets cold and wants to go home. At Clearfield pool and Bountiful Recreation Center they have hot tubs that only adults can go in. Can you guess where I am going with this?... So I go to Clearfield last week and I try going in the hot tub while watching Cori play at the other pool but she decides to throw a fit because she can't go in the hot tub. So we leave in order to spare everyone their ears what a shreiking screaming little turd. So I decided to try Crystal again last Saturday thinking she has had more experience with water and swimming environments since our last time there. It worked great all except the part where they close and my kids don't want to go home. So now all three are on the same page for Crystal. It is the best with the exception of Lava according to the two oldest ones Isaiah and Ali. I like Lava too but Crystal has an unregulated way about it that I like very much. Very few rules exist there, no lifeguards telling you not to run, all you have is your own good judgement which is just how it should be. Anyway here are some pics of Cori getting used to the nice warm water and one of our traditions of getting popsicles after going swimming at Crystal. Cori didn't look to happy in the picture but lets just say she warmed up to it, ha ha ha get it, hot springs, warmed up to it. What a nerd I am huh. She almost drowned by the way, thank goodness her dad looks out for her. I was in the hot tub trying to track all three kids in different directions and when I came back to Cori playing in the chlorinated pool on the other side she had lost a hold on the bar by the stairs and was drifting out splashing and panicking wow I felt like it was slow motion but when I got back to the hot tub the lady that was sitting across from me was looking at me in half shock and said "I have never seen anyone move that fast!" Cori didn't have any negative effects from the experience and wanted to go right back to playing thank goodness. Ali felt left out and had to tell them about the time she almost drowned in a swimming hole we found up in the mountains and her dad jumped in with his clothes on and boots and cell phone in his pocket to save her. The experiences with swimming wow. I will leave the Mexican Log jam story for another time.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Can you please feed Cori a little more? I think she's starting to look a little thinner than before. I do not want to come home to a bony little girl.

Cameron said...

trust me that is the refraction of the water that makes her legs look skinny they are still chanky

Francis Family said...

I love hot springs. I've been to Lava Hot springs but I never heard of the other one. Glad you found a place she enjoys swimming.