Sunday, October 5, 2008

Conference time



Well I am not crazy. Even the General authorities say hard times are coming. Can anyone say I told you so. President Monson said it shouldn't be important to be right but it feels kind of vindicating. I got my kids to sit and watch two hours of conference. I had to use threats of cleaning the house and picking up after themselves as the other option of course. I told them I would give them a quiz at the end of the Brazilian guys talk about the still small voice and the importance of simplicity or rather our testimony not needing a powerful experience to make it strong but a gradual daily feeding. When they failed that quiz miserably I gave them another chance. The next talk was on trials and tribulations and how we should meet them. I hope they at least felt some of the spirit of the conference even though they were giving me the standard guesses about what the talk was about. First guess Jesus, Second guess Faith, Third guess follow the commandments, and so on down the list of the most successful guess sequence they have developed for their primary classes. Anything but listening. That is what I am going to do!, if my kids can pass a quiz on sacrament meeting each week that will determine whether or not I lock up the television. Maybe then I can get something from sacrament meeting again. Some great things were given to us this conference. Just by hearing some of it on the radio made me want to see it. I had drill this weekend so I missed most of it but I still caught some of it. Isaiah and Ali had a jog a thon at school. The fall precipitation has begun along with cooler temperatures. Cori said she wanted a strawberry birthday cake with lions and tigers and bears and horses on it. My jobs are getting tiresome. I am trying to learn computers with the military but it is hard with nobody to teach you but yourself. Tara is working with the scouts a lot. She puts in a lot of effort even though sometimes the boys just want to play video games. "Punks" I say. They have been very rude to my wife and to me. I don't like kids when they reach the age of eight and nine. At least (these) kids are on my scat list. This week I am going to hike up to Ben Lomond peak before the snow comes. I went to see a movie with my fellow air force buddy from ups we saw Apoloosa? I don't know how you spell it but it was pretty well done. We went to the Gateway mall and I walked by the new Tocanos restaurant. The low lighting and the brazilian jazz with the smells of the barbaque wafting out of the 10X10 windows letting you see the flames of the fire light up the shadowy meats rotating on their spits almost made me climb over the window sill and into the restaurant. See you all next Sunday or whenever.

1 comment:

Bean said...

I really enjoyed listening to conference. Tara, keep up the good work with scouting. I teach ctr 8 and the kids can be very hard sometimes. If you do the best you can they will learn and the spirit will touch their hearts.