Thursday, August 21, 2008

While I am here I should add something. Cori got ran over by the Van today. I can go so many different directions with this experience! I am so tired right now I will go with how I feel at this moment I guess. This is from Daddio's perspective. Ring... ring...
Tara: I need you to come home.
Cameron: Why?
Tara: I just ran over Cori.
Cameron: ARE YOU SERIOUS!
Tara: She's OK I think.
Cameron: How did you run her over?
Tara: Just her legs.
Cameron: Is she conscious?
Tara: Yes. Should I call an Ambulance or take her myself to the E room?
Cameron: Is she bleeding?
Tara: Not really not that much, no
Cameron: Uh... take her. No wait call an ambulance. No. Hold on, take her. Wait, call the ambulance just in case.

Tara: Ok got to go.
Cameron: Ok on my way.

My ride home in rush hour from Salt Lake to Ogden was interesting. I drove on the shoulder from the refineries to WX at about 65 then the shoulder narrowed and I got back into regular10 Mph traffic. So this guy drive by and I hear "Hey A@#!$##" accompanied by the bird. So I smiled and waved back. Then we passed by each other again and he says something else so I get really angry and say some stuff to him and invited him politely to pull off at the next exit so I could have a nice conversation with them. They tried to escape as best they could in traffic but I got the make, model and plate number. I'm going to see if my friend who is a cop can get me an address so I can send them a nice note.
Tangent sorry. So I get there finally and Cori is asleep on the hospital bed and Tara is there in her scout uniform looking burnt out, with her good friend Laurie Sundahl. It looked like the tire did not go over the top of her legs but went over the whole outside of her left leg ripping up the skin from the knee down to the ankle. She has a minor hand injury and some other bruising developing but her X-rays were break free. Until I got to the hospital I was picturing therapy, 20+fractures, two little casts for the next six months, pins, unsightly scars to carry with her and a phobia of parked vehicles.
I am going to let Tara tell her portion she has some other stuff to pass along stay tuned for our next exciting episode of "Cori got ran over by a Caravan"

No comments: