Wednesday, May 4, 2011

When I woke up this morning at 6 I was really thirsty, so I went to get a drink. Tman and India were on my bed sleeping (Truman had woken up really sad sometime in the night and Cameron brought him into us, and India woke up to eat about the time Cameron left for work, so I was sleeping in between the two of them for an hour or so.) As I left I looked at them and thought, "Do I dare leave them alone, what if Truman wakes up..." They were pretty far apart on the bed, so I didn't think he would roll over on her or anything, and of course I was just going to get a drink, so I went for it. After i got the drink i had to go to the bathroom. Isaiah was in the bath, so I went , downstairs. Of course while I'm down there I thought I'd hurry and put a load in the wash. As I'm coming up the stairs finally I hear the baby screaming. I run back to the room picturing Truman trying to pick her up or something. But he's sound asleep. With his fat leg lopped over her face/neck. Flop. I can just imagine India's shock at being awaken by such a thing. It must have happened right then, because Truman didn't even have a chance to wake up. I picked her up and patted her, and she calmed down for me pretty quick. That's my funny story of the day.


Ok, I really need to get a camera that is not a cell camera. My cell camera is a pretty good one, it's 7 mega pixal, and the first digital one we bought before Isaiah was born was a 3 mp. But it is hard to get a clear shot with this one... the flash makes the pic to bright sometimes, and if either the people you are photographing or your hand moves even a tiny bit... it's blurry. Like this super cute one of India smiling. Blurry. Oh, well... she's still cute!




Truman really loves our bird, Ronaldo. It's a good thing he does, so he gets some attention and love. The bird. Not Truman. He get's lots of attention and love. I love the second picture the most. He is turning his head to give the bird a kiss.




I think Cori was jealous of the attention Truman was getting with the bird and the pictures I was taking of them, so she wanted me to take some of her. I got some better ones of the bird, but her expression in this one is my favorite, so I put this one up.



Truman still likes to pretend he's the baby from time to time, and laying in the swing is just one of the ways he likes to do that. He is so cute and sweet, I don't have the heart to get mad at him. Even though he is the size of an average 4-yr-old. It's amazing it hasn't broken, but so far it's holding up. One day he tried to lay in it when the baby was already in it. Luckily Ali saw him and was able to stop him in time. Truman has been a truly good boy since the baby was born. He has never hurt her (on purpose... I don't think he understands his fat body would've squashed the baby in the swing.) Sometimes when I'm holding or nursing her, he wants me so he'll climb up and share my lap with her, but he never tries to push her off. He just smiles at her sweetly, and says her name, or "baby" and pats or rubs her head, or gives her a soft little kiss. It melts my heart every time. Cori was good with Truman, too but she was 3 1/2. Isaiah was so rough with Ali we could never leave them alone for a second. I think Truman is one of the sweetest little guys on the planet.


India is most definitely the strongest baby we have had. She was lifting her head up off my shoulder completely the day she was born. I think she must have been doing calisthenics in my belly. The first time we laid her on the floor right after we brought her home, she pushed her shoulder and head all the way up off the floor. She was like less than week old. Maybe she has some supergirl in her. Probably. This picture above she was only 2 or 3 weeks old or so, and look at her hold her head up.


I like this picture. This is Cameron and all three of his girls on the day we brought India home from the hospital.


This one is pretty good too. A little blurry again, but they were jumping around like crazy. They were having a 'go-crazy-with-Dad-night' a few days after India was born, I love how I captured Cameron's agony as one of the kids jumped on him roughly. The kids have so much fun that night, they have been begging to do it again, but I don't think Cameron has recovered yet.



My pictures are out of order, but what can ya do... file a complaint? Here is Ali at the hospital with India the day she was born. She is a good sister. To the baby and Truman. Isaiah and Cori? Well... maybe someday.


This is Truman the day after his birthday, on the way to Ewan's baptism. Isn't he handsome? And cute, falling asleep with his collection of trains in hand/lap.



I love this one, too.... After Ewan's baptism we went to visit Tamber's family. On the drive back, Cori was asleep by the time we got on the freeway. Isaiah made it halfway home, but fell asleep too. Isn't that just sweet? Isaiah is a very good brother. To Cori and Truman. Ali is too close to his age or something, and the baby is too little I guess. Again, maybe someday he'll be a good brother to all of them. I know siblings squabble, so I'll just be grateful it's not worse than it is, and that all the older ones are really good with the younger ones. At least I get some tender moments, and a few good photos to prove they happened.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Loved the description. Could there be anything more terrifying than Truman's fat leg? Well, maybe mine! We're so excited to see you soon. Thanks for posting all those pictures. Love em!