Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thursday Thoughts



This is a (very poor) picture of Isaiah receiving his Religious Square Knot Scouting Award. I was so pleased to see him earn it. That is our Bishop, Bishop Dimond presenting it to him.

Days keep passing away... Lately I have had so many thought flying through my mind. I don't know if I ever have time for them to fully develop before something interrupts them. I was reading through the blog of one of my classmates from Malad, Tricia, and and she has one day a week where she just writes random thoughts that she's had. I kind of like that idea... whether or not I'll be as diligent as she is on doing it weekly... hmmm, don't put money one it. So here goes my first "Thursday Thoughts" Maybe next week it'll be Tuesday. Maybe Friday. Maybe I'll forget all together.

~I am really not a scheduler, planner, or organizer.

~My children will probably grow up to be procrastinators, and spontaneous, and not responsible planners.

~There are some good things about being spontaneous

~I noticed after proofreading this entry how there seems to be a really obvious void where I am ignoring the bad things about not being organized.

~I like the color yellow. It makes me happy. I think this started a little over a year ago, when it became Cori's favorite color, and I was always noticing yellow things to point out to her. She's moved on past her yellow phase. I haven't.

~Some days I get discouraged because I have 20 pounds to lose to get back to my pre-child-bearing weight. Some days I get frustrated that I can't exercise like it did before I broke my ankle. Some days I wonder if Heavenly Father guided me to that waterfall cliff that fateful day last June when I broke my ankle, because he knew exercise and weight loss was nearing obsession with me, and may have been taking precedence over my sweet children. Every single day, I HAD to burn at least 3000 calories. But was I ever making sure I HAD to read to my children?

~I am excited for school to be out so there is less running around. It will probably take me less than 24 hours to miss school days.

~I hope to have a successful schedule for my children to follow during the summer, so they can keep up with learning, reading, and daily jobs. I worry I won't be able to execute this. (See first thought.)

~People complain too much. And it's usually the people who don't really have much to complain about.

~I love my kids, and their welfare is always on my mind. Some times it weighs very heavily on my mind, and I'm often searching for the best method to handle each of them. It is discouraging when I can't find a good direction or solution for their individual needs.

~I think it is absolutely crazy that I can buy a whole new printer, ink included, for cheaper than the cost of replacing ink cartridges. It seems so wrong to throw a perfectly functioning printer in the garbage- but it is what it is.

~Do all kids think they know more than their adult counterparts?

~I'm excited for summer fun!

No comments: